When your customer no longer trusts advertising, Blogging may be the only thing left to save your business.
You know, with Merril’s ecommerce business, Peachymama, we’ve been posting one to two blogs per week for the past three years.
Here’s a snapshot from the past week of where her customers entered the Peachymama ecommerce store:
- Blog Article – 1988 visitors landed here
- Homepage – 1622 visitors landed here
- Product Page – 1027 visitors landed here
- Collection Page – 264…
- Other – 156…
You can see how the blog articles have percolated through the web and now pop up on search results, resulting in a click through to the article and then more exploring on the site. And, if we’re doing our job properly, resulting in a purchase.
A Blog works pretty much the same way for any kind of business. So long as you’re number one goal is to impart a small pearl of wisdom and transform your reader you’re on the right track. Wether you’re a pool cleaner or carpenter, a mortgage broker or art teacher – it works for all businesses.
Why does it work?
Because each blog article is designed to give something interesting and relevant to the reader. And in giving this each blog article transforms the reader slightly, adding to the brand’s authority in the space.
She’ll get a sense of you and what you stand for.
She’ll begin to know you.
And with each successive article she’ll probably even get to like you.
And once she likes you she’ll begin to trust you.
And with trust comes relationship.
And its your relationship with your reader that prompts commercial transaction.
It’s your ticket
Your blog is your ticket to building trust and familiarity with your readers over time. And many of them will eventually buy from you because of this.
Try these ideas to get started:
- Insider tips,
- Interviews with prominent business minds,
- Helpful management articles,
- Case studies from other clients who may have similar businesses,
- Selling and the art of increasing revenue,
- Lean thinking and tutorials…
Create content that’s valuable to your audience.
Here are some numbers for you…
Did you know:
- 70% of customers learn about a business through Articles rather than Ads.
- 82 % of customer enjoy reading a blog from their favourite brands.
- 81% of US customers trust advice and information from Blogs
- 77% of internet users read blogs
- 61% of US customers have made a purchase from a Blog
- Companies with a Blog have 80% more visits.
- Businesses have earned twice as much traffic by Blogging 16-20 times a month.
- Businesses with over 200 total Blog articles got 4.6 times more traffic than those with under 20 blog posts.
- Small businesses with Blogs generate 126% more leads.
- Blogging 16-20 times in a 30 day period has earned B2B businesses nearly 3 times as many leads.
- B2B Blogs generate 67% more leads.
- Blogs that post daily have 5 x more traffic
- Blogs have the highest traffic on Monday morning
- Posts published on Thursday get the most social shares
- 46% of people read Blogs more than once a day.
The 3 Golden Rules of Your Business Blog:
- Your priority is to provide value to your audience
- Go above and beyond to provide exceptional content – otherwise don’t bother, you’ll just become noise.
- Build your audience by promoting your blog articles through social media and your email list.
- Be regular and consistent – once a day, once a week, once a month, doesn’t matter – just be regular and reliable.
How Blogging Pays Off
- Give it time to work.
- The articles you create will never disappear from search engines.
- Your articles will rank even better with time
- A positive marketing ROI is 13 times more likely with a Blogging strategy.
Copywriting 101: How to Craft Compelling Copy (a must read for anyone writing a Blog – worth the price of an email address)
Try contributing to:
- Industry forums
- Relevant communities
- Yahoo Answers
- Linkedin Groups
Done for You Services
When you don’t have time to publish your blog, the team at Kapable.co can do it for you.